Marketing Your Listing – Listing Agent
When a seller hires a listing agent for their luxury home or for a small parcel of land, they should expect the same service. If you list your home with an experienced listing agent they will likely market your home to the market it is intended to reach. For example if a seller is wanting to list a $10,000 parcel of land your listing broker should probably not market your home on luxury home sites or in luxury home magazines. That is a waste of money that could be spent marketing your home on a land for sale website or magazine. Listing companies that know what they are doing, like Orson Hill Realty will handle home marketing on a case by case basis. The experienced real estate companies know how and where to market your home in the most efficient and economically sound way. Good Realtors won’t just market your home to say they are spending money to market your home. Too many Realtors use your home for their marketing purposes knowing very well they will benefit from the ad much ore than the seller will. Meaning they are only trying to acquire buyer leads buy advertising your home. This is why listing agents will hold open homes. Most homes will not sell from an open home. This is a way for a listing agent to find people that are in the market for buying a home and will collect their information and follow up on the buyer as a buyer for any property not the one at the open house.
Getting the Right Traffic Through Your Home
Once your listing agent has properly marketed your home the seller should start to see traffic through the home. It is always recommended to approve all showings. Don’t make it harder to sell your home by saying “I only want showings every other Tuesday between noon and 1 PM.” Even in a seller’s market the idea is to get the largest sampling of the market to view your home and make offers. A seller and their listing broker may have priced the home too low (see how Realtors price your home) so it’s a good idea to have as many people come through as possible. On that same note it is important that you don’t list your home on Friday and accept the first offer you get on Saturday morning. For one people that have seen it on Friday haven’t had time to think about making an offer or maybe they are from out of town and wanted to see a few more homes on Saturday before making an offer on your home. There also hasn’t been enough market exposure to get the true sense of the market and the value of your home. If a seller receives an offer within 48 hours of listing (that is pretty common in a lot of price points in the Denver Foothills) they will most likely receive another offer on that property. So the seller is most likely not going to be missing out on the sale if they hold out a few more days.
Your Listing Agent’s Duties
A listing agent should always keep you informed throughout the entire process. The job of a listing agent is to inform, educate and advise. A realtor will help you understand what offer is stronger than another and why. A listing agent should always market a home in a sellers market, flat market and a buyers market pretty much the same way. Even in a sellers market a seller needs to get a good sample pf the market to view the property.
- A seller should expect the same service from a listing agent regardless of the property’s value
- An experienced listing agent will market the property to the intended audience efficiently
- Listing companies like Orson Hill Realty will handle home marketing on a case-by-case basis
- Good Realtors won’t use your home for their marketing purposes only
- Open houses are a way for a listing agent to find potential buyers, not just to sell the specific property
- Approve all showings to get the largest sampling of the market to view the property and make offers
- Don’t list the home on Friday and accept the first offer on Saturday morning, as it may not be the best offer and not enough market exposure has occurred
- A listing agent’s duties include informing, educating, and advising the seller throughout the entire process
- A listing agent should market the property in the same way in a seller’s market, flat market, or buyer’s market to get a good sample of the market to view the property.
Start of list of properties
35 days on this site
35 days on this site
81 days on this site
83 days on this site
178 days on this site
454 days on this site
503 days on this site
552 days on this site
649 days on this site
660 days on this site
All information subject to change and should be independently verified. See Disclaimer
Copyright © 2003 – 2023 Buying Buddy. All rights reserved.